- Patrol areas and check doors, gates and windows for signs of unauthorised entry
- Watch for irregularities and report incidents or problems to the appropriate authority
- Monitor computer alarm systems, closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems and communicate by radio with mobile units to attend alarms
- Respond to alarms and check alarm systems
- Issue security passes, give directions and make security arrangements for authorised visitors
- Observe and report suspects to police, or apprehend offenders when appropriate and detain them until police arrive
- Uphold licensing requirements
Maintains order at large gatherings of people, such as nightclubs and concerts.
Carries out the personal protection
of another person.