- Prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and practical classes
- Assess student assignments and grade student performance
- Supervise research students
- Discuss with students their progress and aspirations
- Organise and conduct field trips and excursions or other learning activities
- Research a specialised field of study and publish the findings in books or professional and academic journals
- Attend meetings and conferences related to research
- Plan courses in consultation with other staff, arrange course timetables and coordinate and supervise teaching assistants to conduct classes
- Serve on departmental or faculty committees dealing with general departmental and administrative concerns
- Prepare departmental budgets and associated reports
- Provide professional consultative services to government and industry
Senior lecturer – Griffth University
At Griffith you’ll learn from leading tourism experts who are helping to shape the future design of tourism experiences in Queensland and using cutting-edge technology innovations. In the 2018 Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects our Hospitality and Tourism subjects ranked #1 in Australia and #2 in the world.
Our students benefit from our partnerships with national and international hotel chains, which provide a variety of internship and work experience opportunities. This enables our students to put the theory of hospitality management and tourism into practice in real workplaces with real clients. In addition, there a range of study tours to destinations including Italy and Dubai through which students experience different tourist destinations and can put their learning into practice. There is simply no better place to begin your career in the service industry.